Changes in v1.3.4
Make sure you update MacID for iOS and check out the App Store release notes for all the info on what's new there too!
- Adds option to allow Tap to Unlock to work when Terminal is active. Note that MacID has no way of knowing if Terminal is asking for a password, so successfully tapping your tap pattern will always input your password into the window.
- Adds an option to notify you when the Mac App Store is asking for a password. For this to work properly your Mac's account password must be the same as your App Store account password.
- Enabling the feature above also enables Tap to Unlock for the Mac App Store.
- Increases the size of the lock screen menu item.
- Improves reconnection times.
- Moves some options to a new "Advanced" menu in the More menu.
- Includes support for new colour schemes.
- Improves elevated auth requests by only sending a request if the system is asking for an actual password.
- Adds an option to make any device the primary device.
- Improves Tap to Unlock responsiveness when waking from deep sleep.
- Adds an option to stop searching for devices when it's in the "Looking for..." stage. This is useful if you have multiple devices paired but don't need it to scan for some of them while you're away from home, for example.
- Lifts the 4000 character limit on sending clipboard text.
- Fixes an issue where a device disconnecting and reconnecting during password setup could cause the setup window to close.
- Bluetooth scanning now 'pauses' between each connection attempt to help alleviate cfprefsd CPU issues.
- Fixes an issue where an unlock request would get sent if an iOS device connects while the screensaver is running but the lock screen isn't visible.
- Fixes an issue where Proximity Wake would continually press the return key.
- Fixes an issue where elevated auth requests would get sent even if the account isn't an admin account.
- Fixes an issue where selecting some Auto-lock options would cause "Limit to battery power" to become enabled.
- Fixes an issue where MacID would MacID wouldn't stop scanning after searching for new devices.
- MacID now forces itself to activate when showing alerts so it's better for VoiceOver users.
- Fixes an issue where the lock screen icon may not always appear.
- Prevents a Spotify-related crash.
- Prevents an issue where "lock on disconnect" may fail.
- Fixes an issue where forgetting a primary device wouldn't automatically assign a new primary device.
- Fixes an issue where choosing "Reconnect" wouldn't show that it's "Looking" even though it was searching for the device.
- Fixes an issue where choosing "Uninstall" would re-save known devices just before uninstalling.
- Fixes an issue where the Auto-lock menu wouldn't properly disable items if Proximity Wake was set to a conflicting option.
- Fixes an issue where clicking the continue button multiple times during setup would cause multiple instances of the same device to be saved as a known peripheral.
I've looked into the issue of the screensaver always reporting that the Mac is locked. You can read more about the issue on the blog, but it's not something I can fix.